Quarters in the Jar

To snark, it will cost you a quarter...unless it's true.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Open Letter to Passive Aggressives

Dear Passive-Aggressive Person,

It has come to my attention, by attention I mean it is totally glaringly obvious to EVERYONE that you have an issue with dealing (and I'm not talking about cards here). Your job is no harder than anyone else's. Please don't yell at, talk down to, or anything else me and laugh at the same time as if it were a joke. You and I both know you weren't kidding. And really, it just makes you seem like you might need a check-up from the neck up. Plus, it makes me cry a little (not in front of anyone but DH, but still). It is not my fault if I did not know exactly the way things work because you were a) too busy to tell me what I needed to do, b)I didn't even know what questions to ask or c) both a and b (ding, ding). A wise person (I'm not sure who) once said blame and bitterness are like drinking poison and waiting for the other person to die. You're only hurting yourself. Again, totally unnecessary for your shenanigans. Just tell me what to do and be kind. Basic respect is all I am asking. Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,
Frau M



P.S. During class meeting when my friends and I are discussing the way someone made us feel sometimes I will say something like this, "If what I said made you take a sharp inhale before saying, 'Is she talking about me?' I probably was."

Labels:

2 Comments:

At February 19, 2010 at 5:56 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice letter, however, you are missing a few parts to your friendly letter format! ;)

Yours truly,
Teacher from the Ghetto

 
At February 19, 2010 at 6:05 PM , Blogger Frau M. said...

I'll keep that in mind when I am taking the MAP this year.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home