Quarters in the Jar

To snark, it will cost you a quarter...unless it's true.

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Why did it have to be on Saturday?

The snow that is. You see, by the building of the new high school carrying over into August, we did not start until after Labor Day, therefore giving up a chance of any spring break. At all. None. The big goose egg. Nada. Oh wait, there is Good Friday, but that's the only full day off until the end.

I've got to tell you. I need a break. We all need a break. We are at the time in the year where we are tired of pretty much everything and everyone. Teachers are catty with each other. Students wear on the nerves even faster. A good week of lazing around the house and not getting dressed until 10AM would help a lot.

Just last week I called my sister to chat. I forgot she was off school for the whole week. This is how it went.
Me: Hey how's it going?
Her: Fine, we went to the zoo today.
Me: What?
Her: We're off so I thought it would be fun.
Me: Oh (crying silent tears so I wouldn't make her feel bad).

That's why I got soooooooo excited when snow was forecasted. Until it started snowing on Saturday during the pinewood derby (3 1/2 hours of my life that I can't get back, but yay! for a first place finish in the Tiger Cub division!). So...Saturday the snow came dashing my hopes of a Monday snow day. By Sunday afternoon the roads were great. So, I will be getting up before the crack of dawn (thanks a lot daylight savings) tomorrow. In the shower I will wish for a break. But, what you want and what you get are two very, very different things. At least it wasn't too cold to wear flip flops on our days off before school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home