Quarters in the Jar

To snark, it will cost you a quarter...unless it's true.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Adventures in babysitting

Sometimes, when the RGP is out of the building, I get to pretend to be the Queen. Yesterday was one of those days. She asked me about two weeks ago, and I gladly accepted. I enjoy it and it's good experience. You see, someday I will be the one who has to find someone to cover the building for me. I say that absolutely definitively (redundant, I know).

It's kind of strange putting on a different hat. Even though I'm still a teacher, for one day I was the principal. Friends, friendly colleagues, and frenemies treat you a tad differently. I can't really explain it, but I was a little lonely.

One would think that being in charge for one day would give a girl something to write about. In this case there was so, so much that happened that it is all one big blur, really. All I really know is that my graduate tuition was not wasted on a career path that I am not actually interested in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home