Quarters in the Jar

To snark, it will cost you a quarter...unless it's true.

Friday, January 8, 2010

But, I don't want to go to school in June!

Alas, according to the district calendar, I will. You see, today is the second snow day (seriously, it's like I didn't shovel at all yesterday) thus far. We only have one make up day scheduled in before we start going into June. So after the fun that is Parent/Teacher conferences until 8PM for TWO DAYS IN A ROW. We will haul our tired little selves to teach, teach, teach (and definitely not show a double feature). That will be make up day number 1.

Don't get me wrong, we have days off between day 1 and June, but they are not make up days. Martin Luther King and all the presidents ever still get to be honored and celebrated. Really, I wouldn't mind using one of those, or even Good Friday (making it "OK Friday"), if it meant I didn't have to go to school in June. It's like some sort of mental block for me. SCHOOL?! in JUNE?! Pigs are flying?! Does not compute. June is for summer school. Which, I don't teach (even though those extra dollars would be a nice addition to my bank account come August).

Yes, yes I hear you rest of the working world. I am fully aware that all of you have to do your jobs in the summer. However, you do not work with small children for seven hours a day, go home to worry about said children, and use your off time working on ways to make these same children better. I'm going out on a limb here, but I would venture to say the majority of you non-public servant types leave your job at your office/cubicle/grill/whatever. Point being, I deserve June in its entirety.

This whole snow day thing is like buying a fancy Kate Spade on credit. You get your new purse (sleep in until the kids complain that they are hungry) right then, but the bill does come due, eventually. Bah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home